Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 11th


My morning hours were spent in at several memorials for the victims of 9/11. At the New York World Trade Center Memorial, I sat and listened to the reading of the names. At Aero Pines in Equus, I watched the firemen tell their stories on the TV below the stairs, where you could don firefighters and make the climb up to the top.

At Stagg Island after gazing at the wall of names I went below to the bridge facing the waters representing the tears of the survivors and their families. Candles rose from the water below into the sky representing each of the victims. We shared our thoughts about the day as we sat in the bridge.

Being in Second Life to commemorate is shared with people around the world who joined us in remembering. I took these pictures to share with you.

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment